About This Project
The client is one of the four leading cell phone carriers in the U.S. Under the terms of my NDA, the client name is redacted across all deliverables.
The client had updated their pattern library for their contract phone plans, and now needed their prepaid plans to match this new design pattern.
The goal was to updated the look of the prepaid site while preserving the existing content and message hierarchy. I also added new pages for certain phone plans, and reorganized the site map.
The new design had a set number of specific patterns that I could use, and so I had to determine which patterns would work best with existing content.
I started by familiarizing myself with the current message hierarchy of the site, as well as the new design patterns. Then, I drafted desktop and mobile wireframes of one of the new prepaid plan detail pages, as well as desktop and mobile wireframes of one of the landing pages. Alternative layouts were explored for pages such as the All Plans Landing page.
After incorporating internal feedback, I presented to the client team. They approved, and I designed the remaining 13 pages over the course of another iteration, while incorporating client feedback.
The main challenge of this project was that the new design patterns did not always translate seamlessly with existing content, or might work well on desktop but not mobile in some cases. For example, the mobile internet page worked well with the new slider pattern on desktop, but had too small of a touch target on mobile.
So, I presented alternatives for the mobile version of the slider.
Team and Timeline
Though I was the sole UX Designer on the project, I collaborated with a visual designer, copy writer, developer, project manager, and account director. This project was completed over the course of three weeks.